Friday, October 17, 2008

Apple Barn and Apple Annie



We finished letter a! Ask your child to sing either Apple Annie or "Apple, Apple, /a/ /a/ /a/"
Our afternoon focused on questions and riddles. We counted 249 seeds out of one pumpkin. Who would have guessed? We were way off in our estimations. We also made a graph. Do worms eat pumpkin guts? Time will give us our answer.
If you carve a pumpkin this year count the seeds with your child. The slippery slimey seeds give great sensory reinforcement of one to one counting. I would suggest having your child split them into groups of 10 or 20 and then you help count by 10's.
On Friday we sing in Mrs. Toth's room. A favorite is one I try to keep in mind all week. The first verse says: "I laugh because I'm happy, I laugh because I'm free. I laugh because I've got the love of Jesus inside me."

No comments: